Friday, July 1, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me


My brother makes all the greeting or occasion cards he sends with photographs he has taken. (I once had a calendar made out of 12 of them.) I would agree with him that this shot is so very appropriate for me given my first blog, one to which I should post more often. This photo is recent; it was taken in Belfast, Maine on March 31 of this year. I hope to be running with swords for quite a few years longer. Our senior master kendo instructor is about to turn 82 or 83. (Before doing martial arts in my 80s, I hope I'm still alive then.) And if I can't run, skipping works or even walking. As the current patch velcroed to my day bag notes, "FAILURES HAPPEN. QUITTING, HOWEVER, IS A CHOICE." It is a choice I hope not to be making just because some people might view 60 as "old."

No comments:

Post a Comment