Thursday, July 14, 2016

Which Way to the Beach?


I work part-time from home for the reason that I don't want to work full-time nor do I want to go to an office every day. I did darken the office doors today for carrot cake for a colleague's birthday. To visit my office, I park in one of the university's parking garages and then trek some distance to the building in which my office is located. It was in the 90s (F) with humidity feeling in the 90s as well today, plus they had closed the sidewalks I normally use making me trek over all get out to get there. On the way back to the car, I passed the university's beach volleyball court, where I did not expect to see a group of Mennonite youth playing volleyball, males vs. females. I'd say the males had the advantage given the attire of the females. They got props for me for even being outside and active. I was sweltering in a tank top, walking. I don't want to think about how they might have felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment