Monday, July 4, 2016

The Bread of Life


I promise that tomorrow will stop my apparent obsession with foodstuffs. My current go-to bread recipe is Everyday Whole-Wheat Bread from 100 Days of Real Food. The cost of the book was worth it for this one recipe alone. The husband is still bewildered that white whole wheat flour is a real thing, but that's the flour used in this bread. The six weeks of not being able to use my left arm revealed that I either don't knead the bread dough long enough and/or strongly enough. When the husband does the kneading and shaping into loaves, those loaves are pristine, beautiful, everything you would want to see in a loaf. When I do the kneading, well, let's just say the loaves turn out a bit more rustic. It tastes the same; it just doesn't look as nice.

1 comment: